Biz E Insurance Brokers, LLC

All Types of Business Insurance Policies

Commercial General Liability Insurance provides coverage for customer injuries, damage to others’ property, and lawsuits. It can help pay for medical expenses as well as legal costs if an incident leads to a lawsuit.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance protects your employees and your business from work related accidents, illnesses, and death. Most states require employers to have insurance to cover medical costs and wages for workers who are injured or become ill on the job.

Commercial Auto insurance is a vehicle insurance policy that provides financial protection for a business’ vehicles and its drivers. Employees involved in on-the-job collisions will receive coverage for medical injuries as well, regardless of fault.

Tools and Equipment coverage, also known as Inland Marine Insurance, is intended to protect property while in transit. An Inland Marine policy would cover the loss if a contractor’s tools and equipment were stolen from a vehicle or at a job.

Builder’s Risk insurance is a special type of property insurance which indemnifies against damage to buildings while they are under construction.

A type of liability coverage designed to protect  professionals (e.g. accountants, attorneys, real estate brokers, consultants) against liability incurred as a result of errors and omissions in performing their professional services. 

Business Owners Policy (BOP) A package policy that provides both property and liability coverage for eligible small businesses.

A basic garage liability insurance policy is designed to cover bodily injury or property damage caused by an accident during garage business operations. Typically purchased by automobile dealerships and repair shops.

Transportation insurance is a policy that offers coverage on the insured’s property while it is in transit from one location to another on any necessary mode of transport. This includes transport by land, air, and water.

A commercial auto policy designed to address the needs of the “for-hire” motor carrier (i.e. trucking) industry. Coverages available include auto liability, trailer interchange, and auto physical damage; other coverages are available by endorsement.

Bobtail coverage pays for property damage or injuries that you cause while the trailer is detached from your truck whether or not you are dispatched on a job.  For example, you may drop off your load and trailer and while in transit to your next load have an accident.  Bobtail insurance coverage would cover you in this case.

Non-trucking liability insurance offers payments for property damage or injuries that you cause while the truck is not being used for business purposes.  Most truckers will need this coverage because there will be times that the truck is driven for personal reasons. For instance you may drive the truck home or to the truck wash between hauling loads.

Sometimes a load needs to be transferred to a different trucker to complete the delivery to the final destination. What happens if that trailer is damaged when it not attached to the owner’s truck? Some truckers are unclear on the exact definition of trailer interchange insurance. Basically, it’s An insurance coverage that covers damage caused to a non-owned trailer under your care while you’re operating under a written trailer interchange agreement.

If you are a trucking company, you may have gaps (uncovered exposures) between your policies or you primary liability insurance limits are too low.

Umbrella insurance is an inexpensive way to cover these holes and increase your limits of liability. Make sure you read the policy details carefully to see what it covers. Some policies may exclude key risks in your operation.